Wednesday, October 16, 2013

GF for life!?!

Wow, you never know until you go. This saying is so true when it comes to gluten free living. I never noticed how much, especially in America, we thrive on bread. We wake up; have a slice of toast; we got o lunch and have a nice big turkey panini' then we end the day with some good Italian spaghetti and throw in a slice of chocolate cake for dessert. Not to forget all of the delicious snacks we munch on throughout the day. So when my mom told me that we are going to go gluten free I thought the world stopped spinning and my life was OVER! We started going to the local health stores to by a loaf of bread but the prices were ridiculous. I mean come on, a loaf of 6 inch bread for 4 bucks? Ridiculous! There was only one thing left to do; bake it ourselves. So I started flipping through all of the GF cookbooks but it seemed like every single recipe have like 20 ingredients. I took matters in my own hands and created a delicious Gluten Free almond-flax breakfast muffins that came out superb. I never knew gluten free could taste so good! The slight crunch from the slivered almonds and whole flax-seeds give it a nice texture contrast from the moist fluffy bread. Its great lathered with raspberry jam or even just some butter. Its a great way to start off breakfast because each muffin has at least 3 grams of fiber and 4 grams of protein (lets just gestimate) and is so filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment